CFDs and Spread bets are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 69% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs and Spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs and Spread bets work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Former President of the Unites States, Donald Trump announced last week that he is planning to take his company public. To achieve this, Trump will use Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC) -29,56% which will act as a SPAC. SPAC stands for special purpose acquisition company, which is formed to raise capital through an IPO to buy another firm. SPAC, also known as a “blank check company” has no business activities or even specific acquisition targets.

As reported by Bloomberg, the former president could gain billions more dollars if the deal is successful.  

According to the press release from last week, Trump’s company’s initial enterprise value could be $875 million with a possible earnout of up to $825 million in additional shares.  

The information released in Bloomberg’s report states that the combined business could possibly reach a market value of $8.2 billion. 

Trump is currently worth an estimated $2.5 billion. He and his partners will get 58% of the combined company, which is equivalent to the sum of $4.8 billion. The rest, i.e. 42% will go to the SPAC owners. This would at a minimum double the former POTUS’s current worth, taking into account profit sharing among the partners. 

No detailed information was provided by Trump’s spokesperson in terms of financial statements or outlook after the company announced its fusion with Digital World Acquisition. However, the former president announced that he has plans to build “a rival to the liberal media consortium”. The aim of building a rival platform is to “fight back against the "Big Tech” companies of Silicon Valley, which have used their unilateral power to silence opposing voices in America.” 


*Stock percentage taken on 27.10.2021 at 14:22 

*Dailey, Natasha (26. October 2021). Business Insider: Donald Trump's SPAC gambit could make him richer than ever, with the ex-president and any partners reportedly set to own more than 50% of the post-merger company. Last viewed on 27.10.2021 on 

*Young, Julie (16. October 2021). Investopedia: What Is a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC)?. Last Viewed on 27.10.2021 on